- 1/4 cup whole milk yogurt, whisk it vigorously
- add 3/4 cup water, preferably water that was previously boiled and cooled to room temperature, whisk again (or use a hand mixer for extra fluffy takra)
- sprinkle in a dash of Himalayan pink salt.
- add in a dash of dry ginger or cumin
(If it’s warm outside–or you’re suffering from heat-related conditions, like rashes, acne, or acidity–opt instead for a sprinkle of rose water or coriander and some sugar to add cooling properties.)
- once you’ve added spices, whisk the water and yogurt mixture again until it’s light and fluffy (The consistency will be like a very fluffy glass of low-fat milk.)
Some other added bonuses of takra: it helps you absorb nutrients, removes excess moisture and heaviness from the body, and it tastes yummy. Drink it before meals for a digestive pick-me-up or as a snack. This can also be a breakfast replacement
(Basically 1 part yogurt to 3 parts water….)